Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bed Coverlet

Now that summer has arrived I had really been wanting a new bed cover. We had a tan colored bed spread that is perfect for winter. Super fluffy and warm. We don't have air conditioning in our house so it tends to get warm during the summer. We have a window unit for the bedroom when it gets unbearable, but to be honest, I love having my windows open and feeling the breeze even if it is a little warm.
So, for that reason I decided to make myself a new coverlet. I guess that's what you call it. It's not a quilt or a duvet.
It's a little wrinkly because we've been using it, but it is perfect for summer.
I had bought this fabric a few months ago when I went to the quilt show. I wanted to make something quick and easy. Something that didn't take much thought. So, I had six yards of fabric, I cut them in half length wise and sewed them all together. I added a 6 inch border along two ends to make it not so square.
I backed it with an old flat sheet I had. Sewed the two pieces together and turned right side out and top stitched.
It turned out good. I'm happy with it anyway.
The walls are a mint green color and the fabric has blue and green in it. I love blue and wanted to accent with it. I will have to find more ways to add blue in.

1 comment: