I mentioned that I was hosting a Favorite Things party at my house this week so I thought I would share one of my favorite things to make!
The Ditty Bag, at least that is what I call it. It can be used for many things, shoe bag for when your traveling, bread bag, stuff it and use it for home decor. It can be any size. You can use any fabric and it takes about 5 minutes to make. Literally. I love projects that offer instant gratification.
So here we go...
1. Cut the fabric in a rectangle. I used a 20''x16'' piece
2. Fold in half. Right sides together. I used drop cloth fabric so both sides look pretty much the same.
3. Sew around three side leaving one end open for the top of the bag. I also left the top edge raw because I liked the way it looked.
4. I then cut a piece of twill tape or ribbon 20'' to 22'' long
5. Fold it in half to locate the center and when you fold it, it leaves a little crease which makes it easy to see.
6. Pin the ribbon to the bag at the side seem about 2''-3'' down from the top.
7. Attach the ribbon with your sewing machine. I made a few stitches going both directions to make it secure.
8. You are done sewing! You can leave it like this and tie it up or continue on.
9. I added a design to the front by using a stencil and fabric paint. I put a piece of cardboard in the bag so the paint wouldn't bleed through.
10. Finished bag!
Super easy! Now you have to wait to see what Favorite Thing I put inside the ditty bag!