Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Enjoying the Sun

Hello all! How are you doing today? It has been beautiful here the last few days.
I have enjoyed tea on the deck in the mornings.
 
My husband took this picture early Saturday morning as he was preparing to butcher our chickens.
This is our bloodhound Ruby and the tractor belonged to my husbands grandmother. It was her wedding present in the 1950's.
 
For the last six weeks we have raised Cornish X chickens to butcher and put in the freezer.
It was a big job to get them all cleaned and cut up but it is done!
 
My Love did pretty much all of it with some help from his mom in the morning.
I only get involved when the chicken starts to look like one you would buy from the store.
I wouldn't be able to eat them if I actually had to touch them in the process of butchering. It's kinda gross. It's really gross.
 
We have a busy week here but it will be good. I've been mowing a lot of grass, we finally got the garden in, planting flowers and have a baby shower to host this week. Not to mention keeping up with my Love who is super busy with work!
 
I love summer! I hope to enjoy every bit of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment