Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Love Louisville

So how are you friends?
I hope you are enjoying this BEAUTIFUL week!! The weather is fantastic here! Sunny and the perfect temperature! I even had to put on a sweatshirt as I sat on the deck this morning drinking my tea! It almost felt like fall, which I can't believe is almost here!
 
We spent last weekend in Louisville Kentucky and so I thought I would share some of the highlights with you all!
 
I had never been to downtown Louisville before but my In-laws had planned two days down there for the whole family. Our summer has been so busy and we haven't taken a vacation so I talked my great husband into going down a day early just the two of us! I'm so glad we did!
 
I'm a country girl. I really don't care for the city. However...I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Louisville! It is only a 2 hour drive from Cincinnati.
 
The first night we stayed at the Hilton. This hotel is located on Fourth St. downtown and is in a newly renovated, historic building. It was really cool!
The room was a little small but perfectly antiquate for the two of us.
 
This is the staircase in the lobby of the Hilton.
 
 
This is me and my really great husband in a TINY elevator.  It was a lot smaller than it looks here!
When I said "Hey lets take a picture of ourselves" he said "really..."
Hence the expression on his face!
 
View from our room.
 
 
Then we went exploring through the hotel building!
A small conference room down the hall from our room.
 
The stairwell had some neat wood work.
 
This is a picture from the Grand Ballroom. The architecture is so awesome in these old cities!
 
There was old signage everywhere on the sides of the buildings. Very cool!
 
For dinner we headed down Fourth street.
There was a section of the street blocked off for the night. Lots of restaurants under Fourth Street Live!
 
 Fourth street will take you right down to the river, where I insisted we take another selfie!
 
 We then came upon a small car show at Joe's Crab Shack and found this Giant Beast!
 
We headed back to the hotel and discovered this sign...
"Pizza Slices as Big as your Face!"
 
 
Sounded good but it was down this dark stairwell...
 
...which made me a little nervous. I'm use to the country remember.

 
The pizza did not disappoint! It was Philadelphia style pizza with very thin crust! Yummy!

 
The next day we stayed at the Galt House right on the Ohio river.
 
 View from our room on the 23rd floor!

 
The boat in the bottom left of the above picture is the Belle of Louisville.
 
 
We ate lunch aboard as we enjoyed a 2 hour cruise up the river!
I was a little worried about getting motion sick, because I do very easily, but it went so slow I was fine and enjoyed it very much!
 
 
The third day we walked four blocks to the Louisville Slugger factory and museum.

 


The museum also had a small Lego display of a few of the stadiums around the country.
Its crazy that someone gets paid to play with Legos!!
 
We had a great time and enjoyed our time away!
If you are ever in the area you should stop by Louisville!

 

 
 

 

 

 

 



 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Really nice downtown, thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun trip! I've never been there and appreciate you sharing:)

    ReplyDelete