Thursday, May 19, 2011

Drying Lettuce

I know that title sounds pretty boring, but who wants to eat a wet, soggy salad...
I thought I would share a great way to dry lettuce.

First, roll out some paper towels, 3 or 4

Then, wash your lettuce. I seperate the lettuce and put it into a bowl of cold water, swish it around and let it sit for a few minutes to let the dirt settle to the bottom. I then drain the water and put it in my salad spinner, which I love. It removes alot of the water. If you don't have a spinner just pat dry a little.
I take the lettuce out of the spinner and lay it on the paper towels in a single layer.

Next lay another layer of paper towels on top...

And roll it up...


You will end up with this..


Don't worry about smashing the lettuce, it should be fine. Put this into a plastic bag and store in the fridge. You will have nice crisp lettuce for your salad and sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment