Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just a Thought

Hello all. I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post!! Time goes so fast. Life has been busy around here.

This is just a random thought, but as I sit here at the computer, on this rainy dreary day...I hear a siren and see a truck with flashing lights go by. We actually hear that sound often. We live near an intersection that is a two way stop with a flashing light and accidents happen there all the time for some reason. Whenever I hear a siren or see an ambulance, fire truck, police car, go by I always stop and think...someone's life is changing, someones husband, wife, child, parent, friend, relative....someone might be facing heartache, pain, suffering, or even death.

When I hear that siren, I stop and say a quick prayer. That God would be with that family and individual. Whatever the situation, that God would be in control and that His will would be done. That grace would be given. Grace that only God can give. What if my prayer can make a difference. If that was my family I would want as many prayers to go up toward heaven as possible.

So, the next time you hear a siren or see flashing lights, say a quick prayer....God hears our prayers. God answers our prayer!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, that is such a good thought! I work right across the street from a fire station and I have gotten to where I don't even think about it, but your post was a great reminder! Thanks!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Having been in a pretty bad accident and wondering if we were all o'kay, is pretty scary. Thankfully we just had bruises and sore muscles, unfortunately not everyone is so fortunate. Don't forget to buckle up. It saved us from serious injuries or death.

    ReplyDelete