Thursday, February 9, 2012

Update

Well, its been another week since my last post. I feel like we have been going a million directions and have got nothing accomplished! I hate that!

Dad is doing better. Pray that his surgery goes well. He will be having his gallbladder out some time this coming week. Then he will be off another few weeks. He is not aloud to eat any fat! Which is really hard. There is fat in everything!

We are celebrating my moms birthday tomorrow. Her birthday is on Valentines day so we are doing it early. She can't have gluten and dad can't have fat!! Impossible! So my sissy is making a fat free dessert, I'm doing a gluten free dessert, and my SIL is making a normal yummy dessert!

I have been looking for upholstery fabric for two chairs and an ottoman that were given to me. First of all, I'm having sticker shock...I mean there are some good prices out there if you need one or two yards but I need 20!! Not to mention the only fabric I found that I like, out of four different stores, is $30 a yard!!! Yeah, not happening! So that is kinda on hold until I get to Lowe's. I'm thinking about drop cloths...?? What do you think?

We are having a craft night this Saturday. We have several different crafts planned that will be a lot of fun. I am in charge of the T-Shirt crafts and have three different crafts that I'm excited to share! I hope to have pictures for you in a few days! We have about 20 girls coming!

You might have heard that I was really missing the snow that we normally have this time of year...well I have come to the conclusion that I am ready for spring and warm weather. I see spring flowers starting to pop up and am ready to start thinking about my garden...until.....this afternoon when I heard that we will be under a winter weather advisory for the next few days and could get 1-3 inches of snow!! It never fails!! Oh, well.

So that is an update.

Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried looking at Fabric Works near Tri-County mall? They have TONS of upholstery fabric and even some clearance stuff. My mom had them recover her chairs for her and found the perfect fabric (of course, not on sale).

    ReplyDelete