Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beans and more Beans

I said it would be a day or so before my next post but I didn't realize it had already been a week!! Sorry1
I have been up to my eye balls in green beans! Picking, snapping, and canning! I just picked 10 gallons yesterday and 7 the day before that. Not to mention the 12 gallons that I've already done! Crazy!
As for the barn...
There is this old guy that comes around every year wanting to paint our barn. He has painted every barn in the tri-state area! He painted the silo and the house roof a few years ago and we thought that since we were putting new siding on the barn it was a good time to take care of the roof. He does it a lot cheaper than we could do it ourselves and he has guys that get on the peak. They must have good health insurance.... 

Their truck cracks me up! It's seen better days.


These guys were not tied to anything and were crawling all over that thing! They had it painted in 45 minutes!

These little insulators were attached to the side of the barn. I think they are so cute. They remind me of a blue canning jar!
The barn is at a stand still for now. The front and sides are sided except for the large sliding door, but we ran out of lumber and we have to drive 2 hours to get more. So it will be a little while before we have a chance to get down there. But when we go there is this flea market I want to stop at so we have to make sure we have time to do that as well! 

Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment