Monday, October 17, 2011

Vacation Part 2

The Inn we stayed at last week, the Beaumont, was a really neat place. It use to be a Women's College in the 1800's. During the Civil War Kentucky was a neutral state, so families would send their daughters to the college to get them away from the war. The town was full of historic homes. I love the old architecture and grandeur of the old homes. They have a character that new homes do not have. They have a story. They have survived so much and been a part of so many lives.

Here are some more pictures for you to enjoy!
A fall scene in front of the Inn. I love fall colors

A side view of the main house.


There are three homes that are part of the Inn. This is the Greystone.


This is where we stayed. In the bottom right room. It was small but very nice and clean. I loved the porches on this one. It was directly accross from the main house so we walked across the street for breakfast everyday.


This is a home in town that was for sale. Very Gothic looking. We peeked in the front windows and the wood work was amazing! The inside looked Gothic as well. It made me think of a Haunted house. I could just see a witchy looking lady peering down from the tower with her eerie, cold stare....Once I got past the haunted idea I had brief dreams of moving to Kentucky to start a bed and breakfast. But this house was a little out of my price range.
 Don't worry mom I'm not moving anywhere.

This is another home in town that is a Bed and Breakfast.
This was a fun little town to visit. The Inn offered a very nice hot breakfast. It was a much needed few days of rest.

I have one more installment to my Vacation post so stay tuned and I'll show you what we did on our way home! Actually what my Lover did...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time, I'm with you, love the old, historic places and can't help dreaming a little....

    ReplyDelete