Friday, March 11, 2011

Corner of My Home....Bathroom

Hello all - I woke up this morning to an inch of snow on the ground!! What in the world...Spring begins on Sunday so I guess the good Lord had to get one more snow in before the sun came back out. The snow was gone by 3pm. 

Like most of you, I too am ready for spring and all the prettiness that comes with it. So I went to the dollar store and bought some fake flowers. I know fake flowers...but I am really in need for some spring prettiness and the real ones are expensive and they don't last long. 

So I wanted to share with all of you a corner of my home. This is what I did with the flowers...



About four years ago we gutted the bathroom and remodeled it. There was a blue bath tub, Blue tile on the walls, gold sink and vanity, and gold linoleum floor. One morning I woke to a huge crash while my lover was in the shower...the wall fell in on him....cue bathroom remodel.

We are very happy with how it turned out! It's the nicest room in the house!

A friend of ours is an awesome cabinet maker. I drew him a picture of what I had in mind and he made it just like I envisioned it.
The baskets underneath are old freezer baskets. This bathroom is small and there is no closet for storage, so the baskets work great for towels and toilet paper.
The sink top matches the bath tub. It is cultured marble.


This sink looks so shiny!!! Trust me, its not!! It's due for a good cleaning..


I love using old mason jars for stuff like cotton balls! 


The hooks are from Hobby Lobby Clearance..gotta love things that cost $3! The little basket holds the q-tips.

The mirror was made by my FIL. We use the actual mirror that was there and then I described a frame I had seen in a shaker style furniture store and he did a great job. It is super heavy though. 

And this is me..without makeup...saying "have a great weekend"!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed, I remember! Miss you guys, need to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bathroom!! What cute things. I love mason jars and hobby lobby myself!!

    ReplyDelete