Friday, February 4, 2011

Favorite Things Friday....

I wouldn't consider myself a true collector but there are certain things I could just buy tons of, enamel ware of course, and Vintage Cake Carriers. I Love them!!! 
They remind of church potlucks, ice cream socials, picnics in the summer time under a big shade tree...you know the time when women wore cute polka-dot dresses and heels everyday and would not go to town without a hat on..that brings me to this...
Cutest thing ever! My darling friend over at Winsome Cottage left this on my door step over Christmas! I was thrilled. It was a wonderful surprise. I had spied it in her shop and loved it, but refrained from purchasing it. How sweet of her. It made Christmas extra special!
It will hold a two layer cake and two pies, or three pies, or three single layer cakes!
I love the little green nob on top.
This one is super super cute too! My wonderful mom and dad gave this to me for my birthday a few years ago. I had spied this in a shop and they went back for it! This will hold a little larger cake. Round or square.
I love using these carriers! It's just a fun thing!! I hope you all enjoy the favorite things posts. Let me know what you think!
Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Sarah Beth! Your cake carriers are lovely. They ooze character and have obviously been lovingly used for a long time. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm here from Debbiedoo's Newbie party and am a fellow Newbie. :) I am so glad I found your blog.

    I love the cake carriers! That was a great gift that your friend left you. :)

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis, When are you gonna blog about Steve's new truck he got while you were out of town? I think it would make a great post!! :)
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah Beth, your blog is looking lovely! Wonderful work! I don't know if I mentioned this or not before, but a large amount of my family lives in Dayton. Your blog make me want to go visit family! Happy weekend to you!
    R.C. Reese

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everyone is leaving me messages! It's so Fun! You don't realize what a small world it is!!

    As for my brother..your steveo's one true fan!! As for his truck, maybe I will get around to a post just about him and his truck adventures..they are many!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be blogtastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete