Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To Paint or Not to Paint...

So I found this little chair/desk, I think of it like a telephone desk. I bought it a barn sell this past summer for $3. I thought it was so cute. Well it has been sitting around waiting patiently to be gussied (if that's a word) up a bit.
I am not sure what room to put it in. Either my bedroom or the living room. When I decide what color to paint it then i will pick a fabric for the seat! 
So I would love to hear some suggestions! Let me know what you think..I also think white..I love white furniture but I really would like to put some color on this cutie. Maybe even do a antique/distressed look. I don't know so that's why I'm asking you!! Help a girl out!


P.S. Here is a great tutorial for fabric roses as i promised!

6 comments:

  1. I would wipe it down with Formby's then stain it darker. Maybe a pretty red for the seat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say gloss black with some traditional flames going around the sides of the table and some pinstriping on top!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Distressed white would look cute with some ticking for the fabric. Or you could do a color on the decorative inset piece and the side (where my creative aaaahhhheeemmm husband suggested you do flames) of the desk a color. Do you look at the Little Miss Mustard Seed blog????? She has GREAT furniture ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's alway sooo hard to make a decision about! At least for me. I'm going out of the box, if you do want to paint it and suggest black...like an old colonial peice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three dollars!?! What a steal. It's absolutely adorable. I'm all about color and I paint everything that comes my way, so I say go fun and colorful!
    Oh, and yes. Miss Mustard Seed is the place to go for furniture painting ideas. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find at $3...WOW...can't beat that:)! I think it looks great as is or painted. I love white, too:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete