Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pillow Case..Easy Peasy

I have to admit that I have a serious addiction.....to Fabric!! I know I am not alone. I can't help myself. I love all the different colors and prints. I try to limit myself and how much I spend on fabric. That brings me once again to my other addiction, garage sales...You can find some really good fabric at garage sales. Table clothes, curtains, bed sheets, all kinds of stuff.
This is a top sheet that I bought back in the fall. I loved the ruffle. (wow, I really need to learn how to take better pictures, sorry) You can't really see it but the color is a light green. Almost mint with white. It matches my bedroom perfectly. So the other night I thought I would make a pillow cover for one of the feather inserts that I had.
This pillow is about 3 feet long and 6-8 inches wide. I purchased a bunch of feather pillow inserts from a friend for $50. It came out to be between $4 and $5 a piece. Which is really cheap I think. Anyway, I laid the sheet out and decided how much I need to cut of the fabric. I wanted a ruffle on each end.
The first time around silly me was rushing and didn't think things through and ended up with one of the ruffles backwards...ugh!! Tear out and do again!! About and hour and a half later I had this...
A little blurry..ok a lot blurry
It was pretty easy and quick. I like projects that provide me with instant gratification. The lack of patience is my downfall. It fits across the bed perfect! I am in need of a new coverlet. I have some ideas rolling around in my head.....That can be very dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment