Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Office Remodel

I mentioned in an earlier post about our office that we are working on...for the past 2 years...and put up some pictures of the framing and "bones" of the room. Here are some pictures of the room dry-walled and with three new windows! 

This is looking into the office from the mudroom. There is a window next to the one you see here and then one window on the opposite wall. You can barely see the beam at the top of the picture, but it spans the room and is pretty cool looking.
This is standing in the office looking into the mudroom. This is an original outside wall and the siding was left on which I am really excited about. Since this picture we have primed the wall white and it looks so cool! The big white block above the door is actually an opening into the attic. We have a neat door that we found in this room that fits the opening perfect and will eventually go up there. The other hole you see is an old stove pipe hole. Not sure what we are going to do about that yet. I am so blessed to have a husband who can doing anything! And I mean anything...He has done all the wiring/electrical, dry-wall finishing, framing. He can do anything and I'm not just saying that because he is my husband and I think he is perfect...for me...
We have just been working on it as we get the money and time. We never have both at the same time.

I have very high hopes for this room! I will keep you updated as soon as something else gets done to this room...please don't old your breath...you may turn blue!


2 comments:

  1. Exciting! Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah Beth,
    I am so delighted that you stopped by my blog. I have been looking around yours and it looks like we have a lot in common. I too, would love to own an old farmhouse some day. In the mean time, I just opened up a new Etsy shop called Farmhouse Quilts. I hope some day I will be able to sell quilts from a real farmhouse like yours.
    I hope you come by again soon.

    Blessings...Christa

    ReplyDelete